1st blog post ;)

Hello, 

My name is Adeline Knavel and I am 20 years old and currently studying Elementary Education at the University of Alaska Fairbanks. I am in my second year of working towards completing my bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education. I grew up in the military so I am from a few different places. I was born in Buffalo, New York, and only lived there until I was 4 years old. After I turned 4 my dad had joined the Army and we moved to Anchorage, Alaska. We lived there for roughly 4 years and then we moved to a new duty station. We then moved to Fort Drum, New York, and shortly after living there, we moved to Fort Carson, Colorado. We moved back to Anchorage, Alaska in the summer of 2013 and only lived there for roughly a year and then moved to Fairbanks and I have been here ever since. I graduated from high school in May of 2019 from Raven Homeschool. During that time I would participate in Alaska Military Youth of the Year and Army Teen Panel. Alaska Military Youth of the Year was a scholarship competition that was for the Boys and Girls Club of America role model and youth advocate. Army Teen Panel was a group of military youth representing all of the military youth in the world.


This piece of art is by the artist Claude Monet and is titled the Water Lillies and Japanese Bridge. It is one of my favorite oil paintings to look at. My favorite form of art to look at is oil paintings especially oil paintings of landscapes and sunsets.  Claude Monet 1899 

Growing up I used art as a way to express my feelings. I would sketch, paint, sculpt pottery, I would even knit sometimes. My favorite form of art is painting. I love to use acrylics and watercolor paints the most. Sometimes I would follow along with a Bob Ross video and paint with acrylics. In my sophomore and junior year of high school I started watercolor painting more, I would paint the mountains, the sunsets, and occasionally I would try and paint my sisters. I don't own any art but would love to in the future. I do enjoy visiting art museums. I went to the Anchorage art museum a couple of years ago and they had some really beautiful sculptures of bears. I enjoyed walking through the hall of oil and acrylic paintings more though. 

I have attached a link to one of my favorite Bob Ross paintings to follow along with. I have watched this episode many times and have painted this landscape on different size canvases and even a pair of jeans. Bob Ross Arctic Beauty


Comments

  1. Wow, that is so cool Ms. Adeline Knavel!! However, what is thisArmy Teen Panel? Its sounds very intriguing missy?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Army Teen Panel sounds like an incredible experience. Bob Ross!!! My god daughter and I quickly discovered that some of his tutorials would cost quite a bit of money in supplies and places to store the paint and brushes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Adeline,
    I am also going to school for education as well! I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am. I love New York, my family is from Buffalo too! I love the picture you chose, I like that there is a water aspect in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also going to school for education! I'm going for secondary, though! Did you like Fort Carson? That's where my husband and I are getting sent next. Also, I have socks with this painting on them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baroque Appreciation Era

Romantic Era